Urinary Incontinence - Symptoms
- Do you only go to the toilet 4-6 times per day?
- Do you sleep through the night, or get up only once?
- Do you have dry pants at all times?
- Do you pass water easily, without straining or stopping and starting?
- Do you find urinating is painless and quite comfortable to do?
If you answered “yes” to all of these questions, you have no problem.
If you answered “no” to any of them, you may have the beginning of an incontinence problem, and you need to take steps to ensure your symptoms do not become worse. Millions of men and women live in fear and shame because of incontinence. The more we talk about it, the easier it will become to face it and find help.
Remember, 60% of all people in nursing homes are there because they are incontinent!
For further information about incontinence, or to learn more about what causes incontinence and the options available for treatment, please contact or visit us at the UROLOGY RESOUCE CENTRE.